How To Save Money By Shopping Online
Shopping online is growing in popularity by leaps and bounds. Besides the convenience of shopping from home, people are drawn to the savings that come from retail e-commerce. Shopping online can be time consuming at first, but once you have down some online shopping skills shopping online can save you a great deal of money. Below are listed some ways you can save money by shopping online.
- Make a List – By making a list of what you need, you may be able to purchase more than one product on a single site. There are stores such as Amazon that have multiple types of products. By consolidating your purchases, you can save time and money.
- Comparison Shop – There are many places you can go to comparison shop. Don’t settle for the first price you find because chances are you can find it for cheaper at another site. Google has the “Shopping” tab you can click to compare prices on multiple sites. Other comparison shopping search engines are PriceGrabber.com, Shopping.com, Shopzilla.com, Bizrate.com, and Froogle.com.
- Use Social Media – Believe it or not, social media can help save you money when shopping online. Follow or become a member of the stores you frequently shop at that are brick-and-mortar. They will often send coupons or announce sales to their followers or friends. They may also have regular special discounts for their loyal clients or followers.
- Sign-up for Emails – Search for your favorite retail stores and sign-up for their email list. Often times they will send out coupons or special savings that are exclusive to their email registrants. You will also find out about sales and special pricing before oters that depend on the newspaper or word of mouth.
- Search for Coupons and Promo Codes – Places like CouponMom.com, CouponCraze.com, and RetailMeNot.com have coupons and codes that will save you anywhere from 10% up to 60% or more on certain items or your total purchase on a site. Just type in “promo codes for checks“, for example, and you will find several sites that are offering promo codes or coupons for what you need.
- Take Advantage of Free Shipping – Many sites will offer free shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount or for joining a program or taking advantage of a site offer. The free shipping can save you quite a bit in the long run. Sometimes you will find sites that offer free shipping for their members only.
- Use Sites That Offer Points – Many sites offer points or extra savings for return customers. You can earn savings by shopping at their location. Some also offer “online only” prices for their loyal customers. Great examples of these kinds of sites are travel sites that offer frequent flyer miles or hotel sites that off free stays after accumulating reservation points through their site or membership cards.
- Use A Price Tracker – try Spottster or Cammelcammelcammel. These online shopping engines will notify you when prices drop on the products you have on your list that you downloaded or created on their site. Spottster monitors thousands of shops and Cammelcammelcammel is for Amazon only.
- Use Online Auctions – Top Hatter is a great app you can get at Google Play Store. Here you can bid on products you want or need and get them at lower prices. You can look through the items you want and set reminders for their auction times. It also lets you know when products that you bid on and lost have returned for auction.
- Know The Return Policies – Many companies have a free shipping on anything you have purchased that is not what you were expecting. Make sure you shop from these store for things like shoes and clothing so you don’t have to pay for something you don’t like or want.
- Comparison Shop – Make sure you know what the pricing is for your item in the store. Compare this with the online price and any discounts you can add with promo codes or coupons. Everything online is not always cheaper.
Think of all the savings you can earn by shopping online. You can save a ton in gas by clicking instead of driving. So, the biggest tip for shopping online is to be patient. If you don’t need an item right away, check back in a couple of days. Prices online change frequently so you are sure to get the best price possible for items. You may even be able to find more promo codes or online coupons that could save you a bundle.